If your student has resolved to improve his or her health or spend more time outdoors, getting involved in campus recreation activities is a great way to do that. SFA’s Campus Recreation Center offers a wide variety of activities for students.
Campus Recreation opens the spring semester with two big events, Zumbafest and Blizzard Beach Party.
Zumbafest is set for 5 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 17, in the Campus Recreation Center Courtyard. Zumba is a fusion of Latin and international music that features high energy dance training to tone and sculpt the body. This “feel good” workout will leave you energized and ready for more. Join us and our Zumba instructors for this fun workout!
Blizzard Beach Party is set for 8–10 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 19, in the Campus Recreation Center Courtyard and Outdoor Pool. Come enjoy this festive beach party in the middle of January! Roast yummy s’mores over our fire pits or take an icy dip during the Polar Bear Plunge in the Outdoor Pool. The large capacity spa will open as well.
Campus Recreation’s Outdoor Pursuits programs have several trips coming up. For more information on any of these trips, contact Outdoor Pursuits at email@example.com or (936) 468–6055. Upcoming trips include:
- Mountain Biking at Tyler State Park – Feb. 11
- Guadalupe River Paddle – Feb. 24–26
- Spring Break at Big Bend National Park – March 10–17
- Fishing with SFA Bass Club – March 24
- Easter Trip: Hiking and Mountain Biking in Palo Duro Canyon – April 5–8
- Easter Trip: Horseshoe Canyon Climbing – April 5–8
- Sea Rim Beach Trip – April 27–29
There are several important meetings and activities for Intramurals taking place early in the spring semester. These include:
- General Officiating Meetings – 2 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 20, in the Recreation Center Meeting Room. This meeting will present officiating employment opportunities and answer questions about officiating.
- Basketball Officiating Clinic – Jan. 23–26 in the Recreation Center Meeting Room. Learn to officiate basketball! No experience needed. We will teach you everything you need to know. Participants must attend all parts of the clinic.
- Racquetball Doubles League Registration – Jan. 23–26 in the Recreation Center Lobby.
- Men’s and Women’s Basketball Registration – Jan. 23–26 in the Recreation Center Lobby.